Property Damage with a Liability or Recovery Aspect.
What Category of Claims?
- These claims involve property damage but may arise under a Motor, Liability or combined policy.
- The claim may also be under a Property policy or policy section with a significant indication that there will be a recovery or that a Third Party should deal with the claim.
Examples: A Contractor damages stock owned by his client, a vehicle hits a building or a defective product/ ingredient causes damage to another product.
On receipt of these claims insurers may instruct property or liability experts. There is a risk that either may tend to concentrate on their particular area of expertise at the expense of the other aspect.
The initial steps to secure a recovery may not be taken promptly or efficiently. The statements needed to assess liability may be left too late. The actual damage may not be ascertained quickly enough to ensure that decisions on future case strategy can be taken.
We will make immediate contact with your insured and visit the site. We will consider any liability or recovery aspects in the context of the damage seen. Statements and high quality digital photographs relating to the liability or recovery aspect will be provided. In cases where there is damage to buildings we will instruct an Independent Quantity Surveyor who works in the area and is familiar with pricing on a day-to-day basis. This arrangement means you have the benefit of:
- Expert attention to the recovery or liability aspects.
- Appropriate reporting and activity.
- Expert attention to quantum with independent expertise.
- The case management skills of a loss adjuster.
Clients have chosen us in this role in cases worth up to €500,000 and a very satisfactory solution was reached.
From our extensive experience in this area we have noted that problems tend to arise much later when the case is about to go to court.
In recovery cases spurious reductions will be sought by those acting for the other side. These can be argued strongly if liability is the issue and useful advice given. If the issue is on quantum we are secure in the knowledge that we have a fully qualified and Independent surveyor who can give evidence.
In liability cases quantum can sometimes become a major issue. Again the presence of an expert on our side who can give evidence in court is a major benefit. The mere presence from an evidential point of view can often secure significant reductions.
Our service is driven using the OTO2000 database. This reduces the need for re-keying data and when linked to industry standard word processing software provides high quality reports.
This service need not cost you any extra!
The extra elements of our service will not cost anything more. We have put together a scale of fees for this work. You will find this competitive. Mileage is payable at 80c and other misc. expenses as incurred. This is all you pay unless other special experts are appointed with your agreement.
We do not include:
- Investigation Fees
- Case Management and adjusting fees
- The surveyor’s fees for the original advice and any further advice needed to resolve the claim.
- Fees for pursuing a recovery though we make every effort to recover these on your behalf.
- Any court attendance fees, though these may in some cases also be recoverable.
When instructed we will carefully examine the twin tracks of quantum and liability. We will offer clear advise and prompt and thorough reports. We will with your agreement take whatever steps are needed to ensure that claims in this category are brought to an early and cost-effective conclusion.